It is the Governors’ policy that all children at Trinity School wear uniform in line with the Department for Education recommendations as detailed on this page https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/school-uniform.
At Trinity this has always been an area of school life in which there has been a great deal of support from children and parents. We think it is important for children to wear a school uniform in order to:
- Give them a sense of belonging
- Instil pride and promote the ethos of the school
- Ensure that they are smartly and appropriately dressed for school
- Reduce any form of distraction
- Promote equal opportunities and avoid ‘one-upmanship’ or social pressures
There is an expectation that children come to school dressed smartly. Fashion items are not considered appropriate. Parents should contact the school if there are any concerns with the policy or if there any requirements or needs not mentioned in this policy. If there are any breaches in this policy then the children and parents will be informed.
All clothing and equipment needs to be clearly labelled with the child’s name.
BELOW ARE OUR UNIFORM SPECIFICS
Please click on any of the below headings to display full uniform information.
- Sweatshirt or cardigan, with Trinity logo or plain blue.
- Grey/navy/black trousers, skirts or pinafore dresses
- Polo shirts, with Trinity logo or plain blue/ white
- Plain white shirt or blouse
- Plain socks – white/grey/navy/royal blue/black
- Plain tights– white/grey/navy/royal blue/black
- Plain flat heeled shoes to support the growing foot – black/navy/brown
Any of the above Winter Uniform items, with the addition of:
- Blue/white striped/checked summer dress
- Plain smart grey/navy/royal blue shorts i.e. not football or cycling shorts
- Plain black/navy/brown sandals
- Caps or hats can be worn outside for sun protection (caps with the school logo are available from Initially Yours)
- Navy/black shorts
- White or navy t/shirt (not polo), with Trinity logo or plain
- Tracksuit or similar for outdoor PE
- Daps – pull on, for outside use (not necessary during the first terms of school)
- Socks where necessary
- Football Boots/ trainers
- Girls must wear all-in-one swimming costumes
- Boys must wear swimming trunks/shorts that are above the knee.
- Long hair (i.e. longer than touching the shoulders) should be tied back to stay neat and tidy, not obscure the face when working and help prevent the spread of head lice.
- Bands should be plain navy/black/brown.
- Fringes should be short and not hanging in the eyes
- Hair should not be held in place with anything that can be fiddled with, shared, or constitute a toy.
- Watches and stud earrings are the only jewellery permitted.
- Watches must be removed for PE lessons and earrings should preferably not be worn to school on PE days. If a child is wearing earrings these need to be taped. Tape must be provided from home.
- The school accepts no responsibility for any jewellery and personal belongings lost at school.
Lost property is kept in the cupboard situated in the library, beneath the trophy cabinet.
Please note the following are not acceptable as School uniform:
- Sweatshirts with designs/ writing or hoodies
- Platform soles, high heels, sling backs, slip-ons, open toes, fancy trainers, flashing soles, knee high boots and heels are not suitable for smart, safe school wear.
- Temporary tattoos or transfers
- Nail varnish
- Shaved (patterns) and/or coloured hair
All Trinity CE Primary School uniform is stocked by Monkhouse Schoolswear Specialists (formerly ‘Initially Yours’).
‘As new’ and second-hand uniform is available. Contact the school office for details.
Please contact the school office for details.