Staffing & Curriculum Membership: Seven Governors
Quorum: Four Governors
Meetings: To be held at least once each term and otherwise as necessary. One week’s notice will be given when convening a meeting
Purpose: Firstly, to ensure that the school has the correct and appropriate teaching and non-teaching staff in place to undertake all the necessary duties, and that these staff are employed and work within the correct procedures. Secondly, that the school provides the statutory curriculum and those additional areas agreed by the staff and governors.
Staffing & Curriculum Terms of Reference (2015/2016):
- 1. To receive reports from the Headteacher on staffing, structure and roles.
- 2. To ensure that arrangements for Performance Management of staff are in place for the coming year and to review previous year.
- 3. To ensure that the staff handbook is in place and all staff have reviewed its contents.
- 4. To review Policies list and identify policies to be reviewed within the year.
- 5. To review school performance data on South Gloucestershire profile.
- 6. To review the Equalities Policy and Plan and report to Full Governing Body (FGB) where appropriate.
- 7. To review SAT’s provision for summer term.
- 8. To review Performance Management objectives for staff.
- 9. To receive a report from the Headteacher on TA role and allocation.
- 10. To make recommendations annually to the governing body on staffing structure and roles.
- 11. To monitor the programmes of staff development and training and ensure that it is meeting the needs of the school- in hindsight and for the future.
- 12. To monitor and review school performance data in light of data analysis at FGB in autumn e.g. Raise Online, S. Glos Profile and pupil tracking.
- 13. To review the assessment procedures used within the school.
- 14. To review Performance Management progress for staff.
- 15. To agree phased admission for Reception children in September of next academic year.
- 16. To receive a report from Headteacher including Child Protection (possibly review of policy), provision of sex education and any racist, sexist or bullying incidents within school over the past year.
- 17. To review the collective worship provision within the school.
- 18. To prepare, review and publish the school prospectus.
- 19. To review the year’s PPA arrangements and prepare arrangements for the next academic year.
- 20. To action those tasks within the SDP that are delegated to the S&C committee by the FGB and report back as appropriate.
- 21. To ensure that all procedures relating to the recruitment of staff are in place and that they are kept under annual review following any changes in legislation., and to follow Safer Recruiting procedures.
- 22. To check the provision of the school’s curriculum in line with the school’s Evaluation and Monitoring Policy and to discuss any issues identified through the monitoring.
- 23. To receive reports from the Headteacher or other staff on curriculum or subject specific matters.
- 24. To review and agree relevant school policies and make recommendations where necessary, as listed in the policies review timetable.
- 25. To monitor the implementation and effectiveness of relevant school policies and to report back to S&C.
- 26. To receive, comment on and initiate appropriate action in respect of LA, DfES and other documents on staffing issues.
Next Review Date: October 2016